At Ervin Jewett, P.C., we proudly assist clients in special education and education law matters. In the United States, children have a right to a free and appropriate public education in the least restrictive environment possible. As passionate advocates for children, we work closely with parents to seek educational opportunities that meet the unique needs of their children.
Representation in Education and School Law Matters
We assist the parents of children with a variety of physical and learning disabilities, helping them obtain appropriate public education for their children who have:
- Speech disabilities
- Reading disabilities
- Cognitive deficits
- Mental deficits and disabilities
- Developmental disabilities (including autism and cerebral palsy)
We take the legal steps and action necessary to identify what needs to be done in order to provide for the educational needs of a particular child. We have taken on schools and school boards in Norfolk, Virginia Beach, Chesapeake, and the surrounding areas on behalf of our clients. From representation during Individualized Education Program (IEP) meetings and administrative hearings, we can provide you with the help you need.
Below are is a sampling of federal laws that may have an impact on your child’s case:
- Educational disability under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA)– The goal of the act is to provide a free, appropriate public education in the least restrictive environment.
- Free Appropriate Public Education (FAPE) under Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act
- Least Restrictive Environment (LRE)
Contact Ervin Jewett, P.C.
Call 757-624-9323 or complete our online contact form to discuss your claim.